chadkoh

chadkoh

The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos

The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos - Brian Greene As a non-physicist, I am a fan of Greene, who is known for explaining string theory to the masses, but this book was a bit heavy for audio. I dropped off a couple times and had to re-listen to a few sections. Diagrams would be useful. I might have given it 4 stars if I read it in paper. Still, a thought-provoking read, if a little meandering.

I have seen in other reviews that this book is not recommended for people new to theoretical physics. I agree with this. I have read a number of popular science books in the field and I think it helped my understanding of Hidden Reality. That said, I think that Greene bounces between the relatively advanced (9 models of multiverse) to the relatively novice (objectivity of maths, mind-body dualism etc)

Probably could've used a bit more ruthless editing. I appreciate how Greene has recommended "skip ahead" points, but I don't know who would feel confident in taking advantage of these.